Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wish me luck


I've been playing fantasy baseball for many, many years now. I've only won my league once (thanks, Rod Beck), but I just attended this year's draft, and this is the fellow I'm hoping will carry me back to glory (not to mention the traditional Yoo-Hoo shower).

This is Andrew McCutchen, 23-year old outfielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates. I have been assured by my crack scouting staff that he's going to be a mega-star...starting, perhaps, this season!

Of course, this being my fantasy baseball team, it'll probably all come down to how well my #6 starter pitches.


Yep, that's ol' Methuselah himself, Jamie Moyer, who'll be backing up my regular rotation of Chris Carpenter, Dan Haren, Kyle Lohse, Homer Bailey, and Bud Norris. Don't worry, though...I've got Stephen Strasburg down on the farm and I'm working on signing Pedro Martinez, too.

There's nothing like a new fantasy baseball season, when hope springs eternal and my astute decision to spend too much on McCutchen and Jason Motte is destined to pay huge dividends by season's end. Yah.

Play ball! I'll be back with something film-y or music-y soon enough.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a semi-aquatic marine mammal who enjoys eating fish and krill, as well as taking long underwater swims