Monday, January 9, 2012
Boycott American Licorice!
No Red Vines for you, bub...the bad guys at American Licorice Company in Union City are determined to gut their workers' health insurance. Read all about it here.
Occupy Oakland joined the picket line today, prompting the Union City Police Department to fuel up their armoured personnel carrier, which they drove around the block. Thanks for the grant money, Homeland Security!
Other products produced by American Licorice include Sour Punch, Super Ropes, Snaps, Sip-n-Chew (no doubt a bizarre taste treat blending the subtle pleasures of Mickey's Big Mouth and Copenhagen Smokeless Tobacco), Natural Vines (which suggests Red Vines are...what exactly?), and the delightfully named Extinguisher, which sounds more like a WWF wrestler than a candy. Should any of these be amongst your favourite sweetmeats, make alternative arrangements until the company backs down.
- What I saw at J28
- My special moment with Jean Quan
- Good thoughts for J28
- A good day in Oakland
- Some random but serious questions and comments abo...
- Rule Number One & UC Riverside
- "No more silly rules and no more law and order"
- Occupy Oakland Running Festival!
- Win some, lose some...wait, we WON one?
- Boycott American Licorice!
- Sunday morning quarterback
- The Birmingham Sound: The Soul of Neal Hemphill Vo...
- Camp Care-a-Lot
- Garbage cans of doom
- ▼ January (16)