The next big day on the Occupy calendar is almost here! Nationally known as Occupy Congress Day, January 17th promises to be an interesting day in both Washington, DC and Oakland. It's a race against time for Washington Mayor Vincent Gray, who's cooking up a phony health emergency in order to get Occupy DC cleared out before Tuesday whilst shedding crocodile tears for those holding down the encampment. Look out for the rats, a species never before seen in the District of Columbia! And it's much too cold to sleep in McPherson Square, so go home, or if you're homeless, go and sleep in a doorway where we won't notice you! Whatta guy. Here he is displaying his professional politician's look of concern.
Here in Oakland, we'll be celebrating Occupy Oakland City Council Day with three of our favourite people!
Rally outside City Hall starts at 4:30 PM, Council meeting follows at 5:30 PM. A splendid time is guaranteed for all!
- What I saw at J28
- My special moment with Jean Quan
- Good thoughts for J28
- A good day in Oakland
- Some random but serious questions and comments abo...
- Rule Number One & UC Riverside
- "No more silly rules and no more law and order"
- Occupy Oakland Running Festival!
- Win some, lose some...wait, we WON one?
- Boycott American Licorice!
- Sunday morning quarterback
- The Birmingham Sound: The Soul of Neal Hemphill Vo...
- Camp Care-a-Lot
- Garbage cans of doom
- ▼ January (16)